Thursday, January 17, 2013

God's Work aka (WTF Aren't you a MAPS Member Yet?)

Ok, its time for me to do a little of God's work, here. I'd like to tell you a bit about MAPS. 

MAPS is the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies. Their website is one of the (currently, only) three links I have seen fit to include on my links widget over to the right of my main screen, but for good measure and posterity, it shall be included here, as well: http://www.MAPS.org

You can also find them on Twitter under

Lets make something clear: If you feel that marijuana or MDMA or LSD or psilocybin are in any way helpful, valuable tools that do not deserve to be schedule 1 controlled substances, then you should absolutely sprig $50 a year (or more!) to help MAPS in their mission. I've been a member since 1998, although I was a free member in 1997, while I was imprisoned for LSD Sales, and a friend of mine who was working on their first website advised that I be mailed the Bulletin for free, on the grounds that I was a psychedelic prisoner.....

Immediately, I began receiving their, at the time, quarterly bulletin, and it literally improved my entire experience.

But more than that, over the years, I've watched them grow from a tiny, low revenue organization in Florida with 2 full time employees, to a REAL organization, with major accompishment,  New York Times profiles, and so much more. But most importantly, they have only grown into a real organization through INSANELY responsible, and intelligent use of donor funds. 

If you want to see a future where the drug war is over, and the tools that clearly evolved alongside of us a species, that are our very most powerful tools in the fight against psychiatric and psychological traumas, personality disorders, and other untreatable mental illnesses, including end of life anxiety...... Then your money that goes to the United Way or whatever right now, is FAR BETTER SERVED going to MAPS.  They supported me in my time of need. Please think about supporting them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Heedless Blotterfelon is always interested in striking up a message board dialogue with anyone who is interested enough to do so. So leave a comment...Or leave a question, and if its one asked in seriousness, you'll get a response. We promise.