Friday, March 22, 2013

FNORD! How Chris Farley, Goddess Eris, the real life collective conscious version of the Big Giant Head, all very loosely tie into the explanation that proves once and for all that shit ain't "Fo' Real!" Shit is most definitely "Faux Real!"


So,  I just realized upon trying to read my own blog post that the "shortcut" I used in creating this post, which was simply to slap in the jpeg file I already had with all the words already on it, and just be "done with it" quick & dirty right? 
(Note: This way ended up being infinitely longer than the supposed long way would've taken me. it also, has the added benefit of being the least convenient,  most appallingly formatted, & shamefully uneditable blog post I have either seen or written anywhere. and sadly, I have now done both. saw it and wrote it as well. after doing this, I felt obligated to explain myself further, and also post these helpful diy tips for making this blog post slightly less offensive to the senses.) 
While  it may represent for me, the absolutely most loathesome object, and biggest regret Ive had yet, while blogging I've learned a valuable lesson I will share momentarily....... 
........Quickly, though--if you're dying to know how and why this JPEG blog post idea would ever, ever, ever manifest as an actual carried-out, finished product blog post in the first place, I will answer one half of the how/why combination for you, in the form of a piece of unsolicited yet emphatically true and passionately delivered advice (as I promised above, this is also the valuable lesson I've learned): Bloggers; Putting it simply: no matter what your initial reason for trying to create a blog post, from scratch, in ms-paint..............
...............Do  not act on your impulse to actually do it.
The following purple text contains the only real helpful hint to improve your reading experience, when that experience is about to be in a jpeg
I  highly recommend using the keyboard combination shortct of control & "++" which is actually just a fast double tapping of the "+" key.--- or with your mouse, by going up to view, and in the drop down, select "zoom" and then manually zooming "in" a few times until the words are all much bigger on your screen and therefore much easier to read. I believe the command is essentially the same in ie as it is in firefox, which is what I use, (because, hey, who doesn't love downloading a full new version every few weeks of one's most frequently used single application across all of devices which have a screen of any kind), but if I remember correctly, its even mouse-easier because the bottom right of the browser when the "status" box is showing or whatever, you can just select the little icon that probably shows "100%" and pick whatever size you want to make it. if you do not see that little toolbar, in ie, go to "view" >"toolbars">"status bar" and make sure it is checkmarked by selecting it if its not. then follow the zoom steps referenced previously. 
My  commitment to you is, that if you muddle through and manage to read this blog post without giving up on me forever based on this grossly incompetent experiment than I promise to either A) Send you a million dollars, or B) Never create another blog post this way again. (Choice from A or B expressly mine and mine alone.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


2 comments:

  1. After 1000+ views are there truly no comments here at all? Do you perhaps delete those you find rude, illiterate, or express views different from your own? Reading your work, it seems unlikely.
    So. What's going here?
    No, you do not seem “crazy” in any manner or form. Much of what you write about, while not common, has been discussed elsewhere through the years. As pertinent today as ever.
    Your writing style is literate and entertaining and you come across as fair minded and open to new ideas.
    So, again..WTF? None of these thousand people (who must have at least had some interest in the subject) had anything to say at all?
    This is telling me something, and I'm not sure I like it.

    Here's one reader's info, and the feedback, you asked for:

    Education/economic background/ life experiences much, much different than your own. Also includes age. Won't go into any of this here, just know that some of those “people who aren't me” ARE listening.
    Brought to your site by googling “describing the psychedelic experience”. Found both what I expected and happily, a little more.

    About your Chris Farley/quantum mechanics piece. Sometimes reality does seem malleable and it appears to me that it is indeed “mind” over “matter”. I try to take this with a shaker of salt, remembering that 2000 years of the Judeo/Christian mindset that we are somehow spirits above the natural world continues to have it's way with me. Never did particularly care for that “if a tree falls in the forest and nobody's around, does it make a sound?” question. Too anthropocentric...must be that little bit of Cherokee blood in me.
    Occasionally, I clearly see that mind, matter and energy are simply expressions of the same thing and view consciousness/existence as a “standing wave” throughout all.
    Other times, not.
    Admit that you have a new twist on the subject: That we collectively “lock in” a new reality by our observations of the subatomic levels. While I might not agree, it definitely sent me down some paths I had not explored in a very long time. Thanks for that.

    That said, do have to admit to a recent experience somewhat relevant to your post. Since this is your site, not mine, I'll try to keep it short.
    During a series of quick email exchanges with my daughter (live wire, that one) she mentioned reading Frayn's play Copenhagen, part of which involves Heisenberg looking back at his own life after death. Never heard of it, but was at least sharp enough to ask if the act of observation had changed his own life. Ha. Ha.
    Turned the conversation to the death of a stray cat I had recently met. Was kind of pissed off at the degree of suffering such a sweet-natured creature had to endure:

    “And, will admit I had a few words with, you know, Them. An
    unnecessarily hard life. Do something with this one. Either put up or
    shut up.
    Quoting Forest Gump: “That's all I've got to say about that.”


    PS
    Enter the last words above in Google (sans quote marks)
    Click on first result (Wiki quotes)
    Glance down to Forest's words at Jenny's grave. (Destiny,
    accidental- like); see “both” highlighted. Click.
    Read the first highlighted words at top of page. “

    Those words were Heisenberg Uncertain Principle.

    Yeah, I know. Coincidence? Synchronicity?
    Or...maybe an answer/excuse/explanation.
    Just how small are we in the scheme of things? If there are “higher powers” does the act of simply observing our little lives somehow change their outcome in unforeseen ways? Are they subject to some of the same natural laws as ourselves?
    Perhaps we're not the only ones who should put away their microscopes. :)
    And...I have entered Tangent Town. Always the problem when discussing the issues you raise.
    Please continue these blogs. Could be a few of those other thousand people will contribute in ways neither of us would expect.

    Oh. Yeah...Very nice blotter art collection. Never saw anything beyond crude black and white etchings, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have most certainly questioned the absence of comments here myself! I think often its a case of people with a strong case of too-cool for schoolness.... Where the ego prevents anybody from breaking the ice and actually striking up a conversation--first anyway.

    I am at work at the moment, and received something I am totally unfamiliar with to this point: An email notifying me of a new commment! So I had to come and check it out. I must say that while I was pleased enough with your comment itself, I was moreso very much appreciative that indeed, it is clear that other thoughtful, intelligent, and curious people do seem to make their way here from time to time.

    I could not have asked for a better first comment in the 8 months that I have been live, and possibly I will comment directly on the subject itself when I have more time to think. Presently, it is simply enough to know that on occasion, its obvious that my target audience does find its way here. ;)

    In a related matter: I wonder how many people are dissappointed when they arrive here after searching for "Police Blotter" or somesuch related term? ;)

    Thanks again for your comment. I am literally the king of overly long obnoxious comments on other sites, which is why I decided to just start a blog of my own--so I assure you--if you fret over your own long windedness, you are in good company here.--

    Take care and thanks,
    ~J

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Heedless Blotterfelon is always interested in striking up a message board dialogue with anyone who is interested enough to do so. So leave a comment...Or leave a question, and if its one asked in seriousness, you'll get a response. We promise.